The members of the NAC Science committee are leading authorities in their respective fields and are drawn from industry, academia, independent researchers, and Government institutions. They are appointed by the NASA Administrator for two-year terms, with re-appointment or replacement at the discretion of the Administrator.
The current members of the NAC Science Committee are:
- Dr. David McComas, Southwest Research Institute (Chair)
- Dr. Byron Tapley, University of Texas (Vice Chair)
- Dr. Maura Hagan, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
- Dr. Noel W. Hinners, Lockheed-Martin (retired)
- Dr. Eugenia Kalnay, University of Maryland
- Dr. Eugene H. Levy, Rice University
- Dr. Janet Luhmann, University of California, Berkeley
- Dr. Bradley Peterson, Ohio State University
- Dr. Carle Pieters, Brown University
- Dr. Meg Urry, Yale University
Dr. T. Jens Feeley supports the Committee as its Executive Secretary and is responsible for maintaining information on the nature, functions, and operations of the Committee, attending each meeting of the Committee, approving the agendas, providing the opportunity for reasonable participation by the public in the Committee’s activities, and ensuring that detailed minutes of the meetings are kept.